- Part Time - 30 hours per week
- Two Positions Available
- $70K + Super (pro rata)
Council is seeking two individuals with strong interpersonal skills to facilitate Supported Playgroups in Moreland.
This new role requires a highly motivated self-starter, with integrity, strong problem solving and initiative, strong group facilitation and client engagement skills, who can lead this targeted service response to improve support and wellbeing outcomes for children and families.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Plan and deliver supported playgroups, including utilising the smalltalk program;
- Support and advocate positive parenting and behaviour and guidance strategies.
- Provide high quality learning opportunities for children through the supported playgroups;
- Develop relationships with key local stakeholders and referral sources to develop referral pathways for vulnerable families;
- Undertake transition planning with families to link them into relevant early years services, community playgroups and other community services;
- Maintain accurate records of the Supported Playgroup program and assist in the collection of data and statistics.
The successful applicants must have:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent)
- Ability to engage and support disadvantaged families to participate in playgroups
- A focus on inclusion and cultural awareness
- An understanding of the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework to support children’s learning through playgroups.
We offer excellent training and development opportunities and generous staff benefits including flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, social activities and a comprehensive health and wellbeing program.
We are an equal opportunity and child safe employer, support inclusiveness and diversity, and are Values based. Moreland - One Community Proudly Diverse.